Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spring Break, Texas Style

Spring is one of the best times to visit Texas, and this trip had been a long time coming (2+ years) which made the visit to Grandma and Grandpa's house even better. Here are some highlights, in (a ton of) pictures, of our wonderful, power-packed trip to the Lone Star State.

Just like old times... A Welcome Home Cookie Cake!


Easter Egg decorating and cookie decorating with Aunt Ashlee

The (early) Easter morning egg-hunt

A thunderstorm was threatening, so as you can see, our first priority was finding eggs,
not cute outfits or hairdos for pictures.


A quick getaway with Brad to San Antonio
My cute cousin with her cutest twin girls, The Alamo, the Riverwalk, setting up for the Glenn Beck Tax-Day tea party, too bad we had to miss all the action!

Trying to get pictures in the bluebonnets
This was not our best photoshoot. Andrew just stomped around the whole time.

Having more fun than humanly possible
with G&G while Mom and Dad were away
at Oil Ranch and the Blue Bell factory.
(Yes, that is Andrew riding a horse!)

Visiting the Space Center
Caleb got to help with the "Life in Space" demonstration

What a memorable trip! Although we packed in lots of fun activities, some of the best times we spent were just being at home in the evenings with Phil and Ashlee and Todd and playing games and chatting. Brad happened to mention that we should make it a Spring Break tradition, and I think Mom and Bob are going to hold him to it! We love Texas!!!

2 comments:

Natalie N said...

So many fun pictures! I wish we knew how to make them click-able. I'm dying to see the one of Andrew on the horse even bigger. What a CRACK UP! I didn't know you went to the bluebonnets too. You packed in so much in just a short week. Wow!

katie said...

We miss you! Looks like so much fun. I wish I could click on the pictures too. Texas is calling your name, maybe?!!