Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Third Grade Forecast

So far, so good. The first week seems to be a lot of "getting to know you". Caleb thought it was pretty cool that his parents got homework on the first day too! His teacher gave us a survey about our child's strengths, talents, challenges, etc. I thought that was a cool idea.

Caleb was asked to put together a "ME" bag this week, including at least 5 things to share with the class that represented something about him. He included:

• A family picture
• His cub scout neckerchief
• A Pokemon card from his collection
• A Harry Potter book
• His Yosemite Jr. Ranger badge

After school on the first day I waited anxiously outside Caleb's classroom to see how his day was. I saw him give his teacher a "high five" and come bounding out of class. As he approached me, he said "This was the best day of school! I think this is going to be my best year ever!" You can't ask for anything more on the first day of school. And I hope his prediction comes true.

3 comments:

Natalie N said...

YAY Caleb! Man, his enthusiasm is contagious. I loved hearing that this will be the best year ever for him. Keep up the great work!
xoxo

loven it! said...

what a stud!! and a handsome little man!

katie said...

Happy 3rd grade buddy! He looks so handsome escpecially with the two front teeth missing!