I will never forget:
• Getting to be there (front row seats, no less) for Zina's sweet and heart-felt talk about helping those who feel lonely. This woman is a walking sermon, and she spoke with authority as one who lives her life in the service of others. Truly inspiring! (Too bad no pictures of her talk)
• Hearing from General Authorities (above: waiting to hear from Sister Beck), and the many awesome speakers who had prayerfully prepared. I loved being able to take notes without distraction and focus on what the Spirit was teaching me through the inspired speakers' words.• Texting with Brad on my new phone. I loved his funny pictures and play-by-play commentary as he played Mr. Mom at home.
• Using Zina's VIP Parking Pass (what a hoot!) and receiving the royal treatment from our wonderful chauffer! (Daddy-D!) )
• Waking up to a Winter Wonderland in MAY!!! (*Ignore the date stamp on the camera--I didn't realize it was doing that for several months-oops) It was almost hard to believe my eyes! The umbrellas came in handy when walking around campus...
• Feeling like a college student again. Well, not really, but I had an almost euphoric feeling being on campus again, walking around, remembering my college days, and just soaking in the great spirit of BYU.
• Eating yummy treats: Chocolate-covered cinnamon bears, fudge, BYU Mint brownies, Cafe Rio, Jelly Bellies, anb the delicious our picnic lunches provided by Momma-Z
• Meeting Missy, getting to know her, and hearing her story first-hand. She is another inspiring lady!
• Having "girl time" with these cuties. I loved the between-session chats with Shauna--I learned from her as much as from the teachers. It was fun to be Katie's "roomie" for a night too. I came home wanting to be more like Momma-Z and her sweet daughters.
• Having "girl time" with these cuties. I loved the between-session chats with Shauna--I learned from her as much as from the teachers. It was fun to be Katie's "roomie" for a night too. I came home wanting to be more like Momma-Z and her sweet daughters.
1 comment:
Did I know that it snowed in May while you were up there? CRAZY! Loved the details of this trip. Sounds like something I need to do in the future... with my sis!
Post a Comment