Pumpkin Patch
We enjoyed a HOT day at the Pumpkin Patch early in October. Dad let each person choose one activity. Andrew chose the trains, Lauren rode ponies (of course), and Caleb did the corn maze in record time and was quite overheated when he finished. Cousins joined us for a quick pumpkin patch photo shoot but 6-day-old Shannon stole the show.
Go Giants! Not quite related to Halloween, but I couldn't leave out this cool event. Brad and I got to see one of the playoff games from one of the suites at Giants Stadium. What a treat! The fans were so energized and it was such a fun atmosphere.
School Halloween Activities
The kids got to march in the school parade. I think that's when Lauren decided that next year she wants to be something "MUCH scarier." She cracks me up sitting between the skeleton and the swamp zombie--two of her really good friends, believe it or not.
Carving Pumpkins
Mom and Dad were slightly less-than-enthusiastic this year about pumpkin guts and pumpkin carving, but luckily Caleb and Lauren didn't need too much help. They designed and mostly carved their pumpkins by themselves. Andrew was not at all interested and we didn't push it. Can you tell how proud Lauren is? Couldn't resist capturing her little display on camera. She's too much.
Photo Shoot
The kids came up with the "Peter Pan Theme" this year all by themselves. I did not have any ideas or expectations for Halloween this year. Once they decided, there was no more debating, so I had to get on the stick to find these costumes on ebay. We had a slight hiccup when the costumes arrived and Andrew did NOT want to wear his. With a little bribery and a trial run to visit Uncle John and Aunt Becky, he finally warmed up to the idea of trick-or-treating in costume and getting candy. He also loved "sparring" with Captain Hook.
Trunk or Treat
Our big Halloween event was at the Trunk or Treat on Saturday night. The kids enjoyed the carnival (Andrew LOVED the golf), the costume parade, and the snacks, but were anxiously awaiting the best part--getting candy! After telling me, "Mom, you've got to be kidding!" when I wanted Caleb to stay with me and the little kids, Caleb went off with some friends. I was sure he was hitting up the cars for candy multiple times, but when we finally reconnected at the end of the night, he had the least amount of candy of all three kids! I guess he was having too much fun with his friends. Too funny and so Caleb.
Here's the picture from the photographer that night--it's a keeper!







4 comments:
CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! LOVE the theme. Easton was Peter Pan and Maycee was Tinkerbell one year. My kids are over matching-dang it! ADORABLE!! Love you guys
LOVED these pics, and I loved how your kids are always thinking of cute costumes to coordinate. Great recap of the month. :)
I loved scrolling through the updates on your family. I loved the YURT at Lake Tahoe. That is my kind of camping. Maybe one day we will be out west again. Miss ya!!
fun! i found your blog through natalie's and love it! your kids are adorable. i will be adding you guys to our blog list:)
Post a Comment