Monday, November 7, 2011

Happy Hallo-Wii from the Mario Brothers and Sisters!

Once again, the kids had an idea for costumes that was too cute to pass up: the Mario Brothers (and Sisters). We sure got our money's worth out of these costumes this year starting with school parties:

Andrew was so excited to be Luigi. He had tried on his costume almost every day for weeks. Mrs. Hammer led the parade around the playground and then they lined up in front of the adults to sing their Halloween songs. Andrew proudly wore that mustache the whole time and was completely in character (check out the crossed arms). After the songs he presented me with cookies made with love... yum ;)
Friday was the big kids' parade at school. Lauren (Princess Peach) had that beauty queen wave going the whole time. Her teacher was a scarecrow and his little boy was a lion--so very cute. Lauren made sure to stop and give her baby mushroom lots of kisses. I helped with her party that afternoon--"Don't Eat Frank" was a hit!

 
Caleb had a great Halloween day at school too. He sported his Mario costume most of the day--even when he played football at recess! He bravely participated in the Fear Factor Party--luckily the worst thing he had to eat was baby food! His best friends had pretty awesome costumes: The Ranger's Apprentice and Dr. Drew from Despicable Me.

Day #3 of Costume-Wearing: Trunk or Treat

The Mario Brothers and Sisters...
(I couldn't choose just one shot)
Luigi

 Princess Peach and Luigi
Baby Mushroom

This baby mushroom sure loves to smile for the camera!
 



 Day #4 of Halloween: The real deal
Halloween night did not feel as crazy this year because we didn't need to be three places on one night. We enjoyed the day off of school and then got ready for real trick or treating...
What good sports to keep posing for more pictures.

Daddy took them around our block. Apparently, Andrew was very entertaining as he socialized with all the neighbors..."Thanks for the candy!" "I like your dog!"


 Our last house of the night...Uncle John

4 comments:

brynne frei said...

those costumes are adorable!! i never thought of putting them all together. happy hallo-wii :)

Phil and Ashlee said...

Heidi I LOVE all of these pictures. Their costumes are awesome and I love the theme! I want to snuggle that little mushroom, Ella is way too cute! Miss your kids so much.

Natalie N said...

Oh my word. This post is so cute I could SCREAM! Hallo-WII!!! LOVE IT!!! Great pictures; your kids are so photogenic and always so smiley for the camera. Miss you guys!
xoxo

katie said...

Oh I want to EAT Ella. Her smile is to die for!!! Love everyone's costumes. Happy HalloWII! Too cute-LOVE you!!