It's going to take a few days to come down from the sugar high, but Valentines was a fun holiday for us this year. Here are the highlights:
1. A Week of Secret Service--If someone did service for another family member, he or she left a paper heart that said "you are loved". Within the first day, Caleb had left a heart for everyone in our family--he was on fire! Lauren got into it as well, but if she hadn't left her heart, I'm not sure Caleb would have noticed that she put a few of his toys away for him while he w
as at school.
as at school.2. "Heart Attack"--As Caleb explained to his friend: "There are two kinds of heart attacks. The first kind happens to your heart in your body, the other kind is when you put hearts all over someone's car or door." We decided to do Caleb's Primary teachers. The kids thought they were on a secret spy mission. They were very quiet and worked quickly without being spotted!
3. Valentines Parties--Mom's back in the saddle again! For the first time since Andrew was born, I signed up to help with something: cookies for Lauren's class and veggies for Caleb's class. I even attended Caleb's party. Other moms kept saying, "It's so good to see you!" I guess I kind of have been a bit of a hermit.
4. Heart-Shaped Everything! For breakfast, we had heart-
shaped pancakes, for lunch it was heart-shaped sandwiches, and for dessert, the kids helped cut out a heart from cookie dough and that was their Valentine to Dad. Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
shaped pancakes, for lunch it was heart-shaped sandwiches, and for dessert, the kids helped cut out a heart from cookie dough and that was their Valentine to Dad. Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
1 comment:
Please teach me your Super Mom ways. I can't believe all you squeezed in on V-day. Nice work! Next year I'm copying all of your moves. :)
Post a Comment