My Grandma had a tradition of giving each grandchild a name and a song. When all the family would get together, she would sit us each on her lap and sing our song. My siblings were: "Super guy", "Littlest Angel", and "Hot Stuff". I was "little bits of heaven." My song wasn't too complicated, but it made me feel special. It goes like this:
Little bits of heaven, little bits of love,
Grandma's little turtle, turtle dove,
Little bits of heaven, little bits of love,
Grandma's little turtle, turtle dove.
It is a very cute tradition and I've come to appreciate it more as I've grown up. They even got her to sing the song at my wedding! So that's the story behind the title and it seemed fitting because these special moments with my family truly are little bits of heaven to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful Family!!! Are you guys in the bay area? Let us know if you are ever in Portland.
The Floyds
Post a Comment