Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cheerleading Camp

Lauren really wanted to do cheerleading camp this summer. I have no experience in this area, so I was just hoping she would have fun. They did some really cute things with the girls that prepared them to be cheerleaders someday (yikes!). They played some dancing games and the girls had to "show their moves", a "mother-may-I" type game, "Little Sally Walker", Freeze dance--Lauren even won it one day! I loved how they all shook hands and told each other "good game" afterwords. Apparently writing in block letters is an important cheerleader skill, so they also made big posters (Lauren colored in the letters). They learned all the arm poses, did a cheers, and even learned a dance routine. Here are some shots and a little video from the last day...

1 comment:

Natalie N said...

Cute Lauren! That's so fun that she got a t-shirt at the camp! I need to see that dance routine.