Friday, August 28, 2009

Tales from Kindergarten: Week One


For some reason, Lauren seemed more ready and excited for kindergarten than her brother at that age. Maybe it's because she gets to have Mrs. Bright (Caleb's teacher), who already knows and loves Lauren. Maybe it's because she knows half the class from preschool or church. Maybe she just has more of an independent spirit. Or maybe it's just me who isn't as nervous the second time around.

I love getting the daily report about her day at kindergarten. It always involves something with lunch or recess. The first day she recounted the drama of the mixed-up lunch boxes and reenacted her telling the girl with the look-alike, "That is not yours--I'm serious!" Apparently, the little girl had even opened the juice box and put the straw in, but according to Lauren"she did NOT drink it." I also heard about Jimmy falling off the monkey bars and going to the "other office" (aka the nurse) for "a LONG time." I found out later the poor little guy had a broken arm, but Lauren didn't tell me that part. Then I heard about how she and James share their snacks, "He takes a bite, then I take a bite..." And how a little boy told her that "even though she is all sweaty, she still looks pretty." And it's only the first week of school...

4 comments:

Natalie N said...

Oh, those are GREAT! Yes, I agree that Lauren is a total babe even when sweating in 100* weather! :) Sounds like she's got a great year ahead of her. xoxo

loven it! said...

oh how cute is that!! love the dress, sarah has the same one! love it!! i'm sure she will have a great year!

Phil and Ashlee said...

She is so stinkin cute. I'm glad Caleb and Lauren had good starts to their school year. These pictures make me miss them so much. Give them lots of hugs from us!

katie said...

Oh, I LOVE her! I'm glad school's going so good. Mrs. Bright is one lucky teacher to have Lauren in her classroom.