After parading into the church, Lauren's class did an adorable little performance of Halloween songs: A Round Little Pumpkin, Owls in a Tree, 5 Little Pumpkins, 3 Black Cats. There is nothing more fun on Halloween than watching them sing in their cute costumes. She was so sweet and loved every minute. After the performance, Lauren gave us some cookies she had made.
The mid-morning was spent gathering items for Caleb's Halloween party and recruiting Brad to help with all the last-minute prep. I went over to the classroom to set up at noon and before I knew it the kids were back from lunch and the Monster Mash party had started! We played some fun Monster games and made glow-in-the-dark Monster Rocks, and of course had a Monster Mash freeze dance and Halloween goodies. It was such a treat to get to be in the class and get to know his friends better. I love getting a glimpse of what my kids are doing while we're apart during schooltime since I don't get to see that very often.
No comments:
Post a Comment