Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Trunk or Treat!


Halloween 2008 was all about the Trunk or Treating. The Saturday before Halloween, we went to the Stake Carnival and Trunk or Treat. However, by the time we had Carnivaled (our second carnival in two days), Brad and I didn't have the energy to stay around to Trunk or Treat, especially knowing we were going to do another Trunk or Treat in less than a week. We didn't think to fill the kids in on our plan until we were on the way out of the church parking lot and they started asking when we were going to trunk-or-treat. OOPS! Luckily, they were appeased by the thought of eating their cupcakes they had won at the cakewalk that night when we got home--whew! What good sports!
Trying to get a cousins shot...hmmm
Lauren comforting a very tired little lion
Lauren and Whitney at the cake walk. When Lauren won, Whitney hugged her so tight and exclaimed, "I'm so proud of you! I knew you could do it!"

The following week was filled with school Halloween party prep, carving pumpkins (2 out of the 5--not our best year for carving!) and anticipation. On Halloween night I caught a few "glazed"-over eyes as we were having dinner and getting ready to go--it had been a long day! The kids had been in their costumes all day for school parties and parades. But they were totally energized when we got to the church for the Ward Trunk-or-Treat. Brad turned on the spooky sounds CD, put up spider webs, and Caleb was off to find his friends. Lauren and I took Andrew on one lap around to all the cars, and then they were both happy to sit in the trunk with Dad and pass out candy. Enjoy a few pictures of the night...




Andrew with another little lion friend

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Oh my goodness, how cute are your kids?

I absolutely loved the bit about Whitney being "so proud" of Lauren for winning the cake walk. Priceless!

Annie said...

I LOVE these little darlings. Lauren's costume fits her perfectly. What little dolls you have!

Natalie N said...

Cute recap! Our attempt at the 6 kids together is a keeper. :) I guess it represents well the craziness we endure when we have the herd together!

Phil and Ashlee said...

I LOVE their costumes. The picture of all 6 cousins is priceless.. What a fun Halloween.