Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Miracles

"It's a Christmas miracle!" This became a catch-phrase around our house this season. Whether it was finding the *LAST* one in town of our MUST-HAVE Christmas gift, or finding out a car repair was not going to cost even 1/8th of what we thought, we started saying this to each other whenever something really great happened. However, as I've been thinking back about some of our little "Christmas miracles" this year, most of them have to do with our health:

• Andrew's trip to the ER at 2am turned out to be only an ear infection
• Caleb's swollen blister/wound wasn't a black widow bite or something worse
• Lauren's painful sore throat wasn't strep throat
• Mom didn't have a kidney infection
• Brad didn't get sick AT ALL!

Wow. We sound like a bunch of hypochondriacs, don't we? It has been a bit of an infirmary around here, but we are grateful none of our ailments were worse! Thanks to grandparents who were there to help when we had to take kids to the doctor and when mom wasn't feeling 100 percent. The best part of being sick is feeling better again (obviously). I guess what I'm saying is that I appreciate my good health even more after being sick and that antibiotics are one of the best "Christmas Miracles" of all.

2 comments:

Natalie N said...

I think Brad not getting sick was the best part of all. That is a miracle to have one member of the family stay completely healthy while the others are all working through their sicknesses! Glad you're all feeling better!

EBD said...

Oh my goodness, you were really busy at Christmas time. I am also glad to hear that all these turned out to be fairly "benign". What I truly loved is taking the attitude of it being a "miracle" instead of looking at the harder side of things. Of course, I'm not surprised - you are amazing! LOVE YOU!